Saturday, February 20, 2010

Glucose, Maltose, Dextrose all ryhmes with gross...

   Well. How do I start this. I found out I might have diabetes, not fun. I had the symptoms for about 2 weeks now but didnt know what they were for. i used WebMD.com to put in my symptoms and it led to diabetes, both my parents have it. So why was I so blind not to take care of myself. I visted my mom's this past week and I tested my blood sugar with her tester, I was at 506. Ya she totally flipped out, and I had no clue what that number really meant. She stated "You could go into a coma any second and not wake up!" Ok. Thanks Mom for telling me that I could die any minute. So she rants and raves, and Im telling her to calm down, what is that going to do. So she calms down and tells me to take care of myself- I find my Mom to be a pro at diabetes, thats all she does is find new ways to control it and research into it more. -So then she starts telling me my pancreas could shut down, and I could die that way. So I laugh, not because its funny, but mostly for being nervous, and she starts to yell at me "ITS NOT FUNNY!" So that was a tense moment for everyone there. --So now I am pricking my fingers three times a day and carefully monitoring what I eat, although it is not easy, even though I could possibly go into a coma for eating a Baconator, but I am getting better. My levels are still very high, and I am told to go on a fast, like the doctor has you do, to test you. I have yet to start that.... BUT, I am watching what I eat and starting to exercise daily. Who would of known, everyone but me... Ahhh life. It gets to ya, but on the other hand, I am certainly glad I decided to test myself and recognize the symptoms.

-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment